Polyurethane Marine Enamel
Polyurethane Marine Enamel is a single pack polyurethane based enamel designed for use as a refinishing paint for boat and barges. Boat Enamel is based on polyurethane modified resin system which provides a strong, flexible paint film with good chemical resistance. Selection of high quality pigments further enhances the properties by providing improved weathering resistance and light fastness of the coating.
Polyurethane Marine Enamel Semi-Gloss and Matt Finishes now contain anti-corrosive pigments for extra protection. Semi-Gloss and Matt finishes can be applied direct to mild steel, but we always recommend using a primer first to ensure a long lifespan from our coatings.
Due to the oil type of T A Paint’s Single Pack Polyurethane Marine Boat Enamel, the coatings is able to overcoat a wide range of old coatings without attacking it. We just recommend a light abrasion and degreasing prior to painting.
- Touch Dry in 2-4 Hours
- Overcoat in 12-24 Hours
- Full Dry in 7 Days
- Thinners if required T0001 White Spirit
- Coverage 8-10 squared metres per litre, we cannot be held responsible for the method of application, absorption of substrate or wastage.
- Application by suitable spray application, brush or roller
- Suitable for metal, wood, concrete and other suitably primed substrates
Things to know
- Mix paint well before use and check colour before use.
- Semi-Gloss and Matt finished can be used as a one coat finish to mild steel as they contain anti corrosive pigments.
- For the best anti-corrosion protection to metal use a primer first.
- Make sure substrates are suitably prepared (lightly abraded, degreased and or primed).
- When applying to pre painted substrates ensure existing paint is in good condition and lightly abraded to provide a key for the new coating to provide good intercoat adhesion.
- Temperature will affect drying times but will not prevent curing. We recommend no less than 10 degrees centigrade to ensure no microscopic moisture build up on substrate. 25 degrees centigrade is the optimal temperature.
- Suitable for use on steel, wood, concrete, and other suitably prepared and primed substrates.
- If thinning is required 10% is recommended if brushing, additional thinners may be needed if spraying to achieve good atomisation of the product.
|Mainland Uk||1-3 Days||1, 2.5, 5, 20, 25, 205 & 1000 Litres|